Sunday, March 28, 2010

Why do you scrapbook??!


Ialways get asked "Why do you scrapbook?" A silly question to me but believe it or not there are people out there that don't understand the passion that goes into scrapbooking & card making. I'm know that many of my "non-scrapbook" friends think it is a stupid pastime.

We all scrapbook for various reasons, all different, but reasons that are important to us individually. It is no different than any other hobby one might have. Scrapbooking is a way that I can express my creativity to share with families & friends. I enjoy the memories that working with pictures of memorable times in my life brings to me as I create my pages.

I feel the greatest sense of joy & satisfaction when I present an album or layout, or altered item as a gift. The gift has resurfaced memories & brought joy...
I hope that someday the children in my family will be inspired & influenced by what I've created.... maybe one of them will pick up where I left off. There are also the friendships that I have cultivated through scrapbooking. They are so important to me. I really cannot believe the number of friendships that scrapbooking has brought to my life. I have found some truly amazing friends that I know will be with me for a lifetime like my albums, pictures & so on.
So for all of you who do not scrapbook or card make or stamp, I don't expect you to understand. It is not frivoulous or time wasted...to me, it is TIME WELL SPENT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment